Next Up: For F-1 Transfer Students
Check-In for Students
Welcome to Cornell!
We're happy you arrived. The next step is to check in.
If you are a new F-1 or J-1 student, and your I-20 or DS-2019 was issued by Cornell, you must complete the check-in procedure on our website. Do not visit our office to check in.
When should I complete the online check-in?
- Two to three days after you have entered the United States in F-1 or J-1 student status for your Cornell program
- No more than 30 days before you begin your program
- No later than 30 days after the start date on your I-20 or DS-2019
What happens if I forget to check in?
You may lose your valid immigration status if you don’t complete the check-in procedure on time.
How to Check In
- I-20 (F-1) or DS-2019 (J-1) form
- SEVIS fee receipt
- I-94 arrival record created when you entered the United States
- Local address (where you are currently living, not a P.O. box)
- Cornell NetID
2 Complete the online check-in form.